Local Food: Heirloom Harvest Barn Dinner

Many people come together to make the Heirloom Harvest Barn Dinner happen. Now in its fourth year, this annual event magically appears for one night, made possible through a collaboration between farmers, fisherfolk, chefs, and numerous volunteers from the our local food community.

Taking place at Meadow’s Mirth & Berry Hill Farm in Stratham, NH, the working barn is swept clean and transformed. This year’s dinner focused on local seafood, a reflection of our Seacoast setting.

Once the stage is set, everything comes alive with the arrival of new friends and old.

Meanwhile, backstage, a team of chefs gathered from at least 14 different restaurants are being prepped by Chef Evan Mallett for the evening ahead.

The first course being prepared by Chefs Mark Segal and Greg Sessler.

Once service has begun, the entire kitchen crew is on hand to help, chef alongside chef, on through the last course.

Thanks, David, for sharing the view from your end of the table.

Our favorite part of the evening is when all of the volunteers come out to take a bow. This year, we were witness to an impromptu proposal — congratulations to Ameen and Briana, without whom this event would be possible.

See more from this year’s Heirloom Harvest Barn Dinner >

This entry was posted in local food. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Local Food: Heirloom Harvest Barn Dinner

1. azita says:

Looks like a fabulous event. Lovely!

2. Annie says:

What an event! An enchanted evening captured by fabulous photography. Wow!

3. kathall says:

Oh, what fun!

4. Judy says:

Beautiful setting, and I bet the food was out of this world.

5. maesprose says:

This looks wonderful! The food and decor. I just love how you’ve captured it!

6. Blayne says:

What beautiful photos! Looks almost just like our baby shower:)

I responded to you post on my blog. I just wanted to say thanks for introducing me to Nourishing Traditions and lacto-fermentation beyond saurkraut. I’ve made several batches of the salsa (and I’ve been making salsa-verde too) where you were totally right about. I can’t believe how easy and delicious they are! THanks! Anything else obvious I need to know?

7. Simona says:

What a gorgeous dinner and lovely setting. I recently experienced a barn dinner as well and was charmed. Very nice photos.

8. raeskygoinggrey says:

That looked just lovely.

9. Christina says:

Congrats to the couple! What a nice looking spread!